Monday, August 11, 2008

BACK PAIN!!!!

I am so grateful for my husband, he is such a sweet and understanding husband who loves me even in my weakest of moments. Yesterday we all went to church, even Laura is back with us so we took up almost one of the whole long benches in the middle again..with 6 kids and 2 adults it's not hard to do. I have been pretty sick the last couple of weeks and was still feeling under the weather. As I sat down on the bench I threw my hips out and was pretty miserable through all of sacrament. (It was so hard to sit there) the benches kill my back on a good day as it is. I had him bring me home after sacrament, I was so nauseated at this point from the pain I could hardly stand myself. I iced and attempted to crawl verses walk to get myself from point A to point B. The kids got hot dogs and salad for dinner complements of Elise and Austin (not my idea of a nice Sunday dinner). Royce ran off to meet with the Stake YM/YW and to go visit some of the less active YM in our ward...leaving me to hold down the home front in some serious pain. This morning I went to work with Royce and he went to adjust me...all I could do was cry as I was lowered down on the table..and then to be adjusted..oh Nelly it was so bad. I had both hips, both knee's, an ankle, my sacrum, 3 lumbar disc and both SI joints out...humm wonder why I was in pain...I had to stick around and ice there before I could SLOWLY walk on out...I had to turn around at mid point home and go back to get two of the lumbar disc put back in...I felt them "pop" out of place again so a U-turn back was my first reaction. I have made it home and have been doing the ice thing and eating the oh so yummy supplements to assist me in "holding" my adjustment. I just have to say I truly appreciate his gift and talent of what he does for a profession, I am now able to walk not crawl down my hallway and it doesn't take me 5 min. I make it is about 2 now..so still moving slow but hey it so much better than yesterday!! I have to ask "How in the world do people survive with out Chiro care?" I feel like and old lady in the way I have to move at this point but at least the pain is reduced to tolerable now. In the mean time it is Olympics I watch and New Moon that I am burning through. The kids are off to the park and the two oldest (Elise and Laura) are at the mall shopping for school clothes. Austin was a sweetie and stuck at home to help me do the ice thing and laundry. I love my kids and appreciate them so much. Do you know how hard it is to be a nice and sweet mom when you feel so cruddy? He is making that easier for me too...I guess some days are just more difficult than others. I am doing okay now and just have a deep appreciation for my wonderful husband and kids!!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Oh so sorry for you pain. I did talk with your mom for a few minutes this weekend. Oh and your brother A and my son R work the same shift at Miles. hehe isnt that funny. Hope you feel better soon

Judie and George said...

Sorry you had a bad bout of it. I also struggle to keep my back in place. I can't really do much in the way of physical labor anymore. If I do, I hobble around like a little cripple. And I have a chiropractor who I love. It helps to go, but how nice to have a husband to do it as often as you need!