Has it really been almost a month since I posted last?? What is up with that? Well so much has been going on it is crazy. We had to get a bunch of my brothers stuff out of storage, like furniture and put it in our house so we could downsize the size of his storage unit. That took three days of some serious HARD work. We then had Royce's dad and his wife here visiting from Belize where they pretty much live full time for now. Our visit was really enjoyable and we were able to take them out to Fern Canyon for a nice short little 4 mile hike, everyone enjoyed that even the kids. Fern Canyon was used to film the first Jurassic Park Film, that might give some an idea of what we walked through, beautiful and VERY GREEN. hehe We also all are really good cooks so the meals we cooked up were fabulous. We all enjoyed the final week and closing ceremonies of the Olympics together and some serious game playing time. We always seem to drag out our newest or favorite game at the time and play until Grandpa and Grann are sick of games, Royce and I appreciate that they are so willing to be victims to this..I mean enjoy playing games so much :)
I was able to meet and see them off and in the process they handed over the keys to Ann's Infinity and said.."it's yours, enjoy it!" Say what? Yes they GAVE us her car and rented a car to drive back to Oakland to fly out to Colorado..they could have flown from here but chose to drive 6 hours instead to get to the airport in Oakland. The car is fun to drive ( it picks up and goes quick nice v6 in it) and much smaller than the Sequoia that we drive. Royce takes the Infinity to work now everyday, which frees up time for me to walk with our dog Angie longer and earlier than last year at this time. I then spent the remainder of last week school shopping, catching up with massage clients and simply recovering from having company. (I never clean like I should when company is in town) We had a quiet Labor Day Week-end and stayed home, we usually go camping for 3 or 4 days around this time but decided to stick close to home this year. We did enjoy a nice BBQ at the Elk's lodge and the kids had fun with all the field games they played. School started yesterday for the kids, it is very different to not have a child by my side all day long. For almost 17 years I have had at least 1 child home with me all day, this is the first year that ALL the kids are gone by 8 a.m. and I am left with our beloved dogs to go take a walk with. It is different trail hiking in the woods close by with out a little one. Something I am going to have to adjust to. Along in here we had an unexpected visitor show up on our door step and that was very interesting, my poor niece had to face her mother and tell her she didn't want to go live with her..heart breaking. I am now supporting her in proposing the court to be granted guardianship of her. We need prayers, if for nothing else for sanity as I begin this legal mess...I am so not into court and legal junk. I CAN NOT wait for my brother to get his situation cleared up so he can deal with her mother verses me, I just want to be kind and peaceful. I am however grateful that Laura recognizes that our home is the best place for her. I am also grateful that she is so much happier this year verses how things were last year when she first came to live with us. It is so much better and I can not stress that enough. We all have grown immensely from this whole experience, Laura has grown in leaps and bounds when I look back at the whole situation. I love that her testimony is soaring and she is becoming sure footed in the gospel, that is very rewarding to me to witness and enjoy the benefits that come from that.
Elise is now a Junior at the High School which completely blows my mind, I have no clue where the time has gone. Both of our boys are at the Junior High and both the younger girls are at their elementary school, again not sure where time has gone. All of the kids are excited about school and the new school year, all are happy to be back in school, which is very nice for me. At least they love school verses hate it. Austin is thrilled to be back in Orchestra, he loves to play his violin.
Yesterday we adopted/rescued not one but two Bearded Dragon's. I NEVER dreamed I would have reptiles in my home but..we do. At least our boys can earn their "Reptile Merritt Badge" for scouting now. I am still in awe that this lady just gave them away but am grateful. These things look so pre-historic. The female has pretty messed up eye's and some kind of funk on her (they were sharring teir habitat major no no) Both are very dehydrated and have not had proper lighting or diet, so we are now on a mission to get the Beardy's healthy. The males name is "Meeshew" (from Mulan) and I renamed the female she is now known as "Clypto" opinions are always welcomed, if you have a better suggestion I am more than happy to hear them. I personally didn't care for her name to be Mojo which is what they were calling her. These critters are pretty interesting and until 3 days ago I knew nothing about them. Love the Internet and all that you can learn on there.
Malia lost her first tooth on Monday and her 2nd tooth last night. She now has a very cute window on the bottom row. She sounds a bit different and is so cute to watch with the whole tooth fairy thing. We have a tooth snatcher too, that guy is pretty tricky and something Royce made up years ago, long story but in a nut shell: The tooth snatcher comes to boys and brings them cars when they lose their teeth..he likes to steal little girl teeth and if the little girl doesn't hide her tooth good, she gets a hot wheel car instead of a dollar. Malia got a car for her first tooth and a dollar for the 2nd. It all is silly and difficult to keep track of but Royce has fun with it and the kids all love it. They were ALL helping Malia look for her tooth cup the other morning..yes the tooth snatcher moves the cup of water somewhere else other than where she left it..it becomes a hide and seek thing LOL so last night Malia put her tooth under her pillow, thus the dollar. I will post pics in a few days and in the mean time will run off and get dinner going. :)
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment