Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Terrific Tuesday

Today is Terrific Tuesday!! I had a full week-end and enjoyed it very much. Saturday I spent the morning walking and knocking on doors to educate our community about Prop 8 and asked for support so this important issue will pass. I am a member of the ProtectMarriage.com coalition. It amazes me how many people are not aware of the details of this or the after math this will have if it does not pass. I felt very positive about this after I had knocked on door after door all morning, so many people out there that do not support the same sex marriage agenda like myself so I found comfort in what I am doing IS important and vital for this to really get sunk in to people's heads so they have a clear understanding of what the agenda has in detail. Protectmarriage.com is a huge bite to take on but I have to, this is for my kids. So many people had the attitude of "oh well, what does it matter if I go vote? The judges will over turn my vote anyway" sad sad sad, so with a little help from people like me they were able to get informed and now have a better understanding that their vote does matter and this one will Not be over turned because we are motioning that the State Constitution be revised..if the Prop 8 passes that will happen, then NO Judge can over turn the people's vote, and then if they still want to push the issue they have to take it to federal court and well we all know how the federal government looks at same sex marriage. After a morning well spent, Royce took me out to celebrate my birthday...Happy Birthday to Me!!! LOL It was a really wonderful time. He took me to dinner at our favorite Mexican place and we ate till it hurt (not a good idea) then we went to the beach and walked along this trail that has all these castle looking houses along it, pretty cool and some place we had not been before. I am going to go back and take some pic's these houses were really cool looking. We then went to the hot tub place (we love that place) and soaked in a hot tub, much needed for the sore aching muscles. We enjoy this place the tubs are all outside in there own little garden area, it is like warping into a different country..seriously. We sat and drank some of the best hot cocoa there is and played cards for a while afterward, then came home and attempted to watch a movie, but we both fell asleep and at some point managed to get to bed..I still don't recall walking down the hall way to get there. The kids let us sleep in Sunday morning which was a treat, we slept until almost 9 that just doesn't happen here.
I got many birthday wishes from my family and friends. My friend Nancy took me to lunch on Friday, she is such a wonderful lady. Today my friend Nona is taking me to lunch, in celebration of my birthday as well, another terrific lady, we have lunch together at least once a month just to catch up and visit. Before I go to lunch though I am getting a massage from my friend that I trade with. With us both being massage therapist we take care of one another, there are so many perks to being a CMT!!!
I am adjusting to no kids till 1:30 in the afternoon, it is still weird but I sure get a lot done while everyone is out. I folded every bit of laundry yesterday..do you know what that is like with 6 kids and 2 adults to fold clothes for?? That is a serious amount of laundry! Now it will be ironing this afternoon...uggg!!! I really need and want to decorate for Fall too, I have a feeling I won't get to that until Friday. This Thursday is patriotic day and our kids are all asked to wear Red White and Blue to school, they always do, our family is a very patriotic family so we all will be doing this on Thursday 9/11. I will have to take some pics of the kids that morning as well. Anyhow I just wanted to say I appreciate the birthday wishes and really appreciate that people remember me on my day, it is very sweet and means alot to me. I loved my cards that were sent, I got some really nice cards, I am so blessed!!

No comments: