Quote of the day:
“Only one who devotes himself to a cause with his whole strength and soul can be a true master. For this reason mastery demands all of a person.” ~ Albert Einstein
My quest in this life is to be a master at being a disciple of Christ and to follow his example as a master would.
I feel it important to let my kids know this is truly my wish and desire. I know I fall short, I do not claim to be a master, I just hope that with life experiences I can become a master. I have decided that there must be something I am suppose to learn from some things that are going on in our circle of family. I woke this morning with an ah-ha moment that got me to thinking a lot more deeply than I typically do at 6a.m. I understand that we are given "experiences" to make us stronger, to deepen our insite, and to help us draw closer to the lord. This isn't anything that I didn't know already, it just hit me that I need to take these "experiences" and use them to aid me in growth, understanding and to draw upon the lord fervently. I guess it was sorta like a
"well duh" moment but admitting that is helpful in it self. I know that things pass, it's just getting through the muck so that it is in the past and not at the feet anymore. It's days like today that I really ask me self sincerly, "How would I do this with out the gospel?" I am so grateful to have the gospel in my life and just felt that I should share that.
I am not complaining about situations or circumstances, I simply recognize that I am blessed and all things we experience are for a purpose and for our growth. Here's to growth and my personal mission to becoming a master disciple of Christ.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment