Another week has flown by already and here we are at Friday again. It has been a very busy week full of me doing massage, running and meetings. The older kids have a Super Saturday tomorrow and are traveling up to Cresent City for the day, each of them are looking forward to the fun. We are feeding the missionaries tomorrow night as well. We enjoy having them in our home and the opportunity to be able to cook them a good yummy meal. Royce wants to make them fajitas with the tri-tip, plus all the other fixins to make it all complete. He is so good to cook with me so at least I will have help getting all this done.
We are going to a concert tonight. It is a CCR Revival concert so at least we know the music will be good, it's not CCR just their music being done by someone else. All the money from the tickets is going to our Fire Prevention guys and the fire teams. We love our fire fighters, they worked so hard this summer with all the fires that were going on, they saved a huge amount of forest here where we live so I feel good about spending this money tonight, it's going to a really good cause.
The morning was so gorgeous and sunny, all to be turned to a yucky rainy day out. I had read that there would be rain but had hoped they were wrong when we woke to sunshine and pink clouds this morning. We need the rain I just wish it would hold off until after midnight tonight..I can wish right? Not very likely with where I live, it rains more here than in Seattle not to mention the "FOG SOUP" we get. The tree's need it and we wouldn't have the beautiful Redwoods without it, so again I know there is a need I just get tired of the grey, it's never been a favorite color of mine.
The choral concert is approaching fast, last night was a quick dress rehearsal, it made me wake up and kinda freak out a bit that we will be performing in about a month. Elise and I joined a group called "Coastal Chords" and Royce is in a group called "Humboldt Harmonaires" both sing barbershop, it's challenging but that is what I like about it. My husband has such a great voice (He's a Tenor in a traditional choir but is singing Lead this time around) it is really nice to see him developing his talent and getting involved in our community. He is such a wonderful man, I love him more than I can express, I am grateful that I married him.
I feel like I need to curl up in a blanket and rest, read and just sleep today, like I said it has been a long week and there is no way I can actually curl up and NOT do stuff today. I am already on my third load of laundry so that gives some an idea of what I am up to today..fun fun Oh it will be nice to go out tonight.
Friday, September 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
What a nice thing you are doing with the missionaries. Fajitas sound good.
Post a Comment