
Today is Christmas! We are so very happy to be with Grandma and Grandpa to celebrate the birth of our Savior. Our day began around 7:30 which much to our delight was not to early like some years we can recall. The kids all were excited to open gifts and each of them appreciated all that we got them. We love to see their faces and reactions to what they are given. We are very happy that Grandma and Grandpa enjoyed the picture book I created for them on snapfish as well as their gift cards to go to dinner on. The family pictures we sent out everyone loves and says they are fantastic. This was a wonderful Christmas and one that will be remembered for years to come. The travels were a little nerve racking and long but worth it. We enjoyed our day and week with family, all of us wish we lived closer. We all got to spend a little time with Sherry's grandma was well and all of the kids took turns in two different shifts to stay the night at her house, she loved having them over and they loved the time spent with their Great Grandma. It is difficult at times to see the health of our loved ones slipping away so time spent has become precious time. I am still in awe that My dad is 65 now, that just makes me say WOW and contemplate how life is evolving. Sometimes I feel like it isn't fair to see parents getting older and it definitely is not fair that I am getting older! We loved our Christmas and truly loved our time with our family. I love our Heavenly Father for sending us our Savior and enjoy reflecting on that through out the year not just at Christmas. 

Since we went our out of town we didn't put up a full size tree which was kinda weird, we have always had a tree. Instead I decorated the house and the mantle, there were decorations everywhere and they all looked really nice, or we thought so at least. I liked the way the mantle turned out as well as the top of the piano, credenza and the dinning room, plus all the other stuff that was set up, it just looked nice and Christmasy Everything matched this decor and it just flowed so nicely through the house. Merry Christmas!




No comments:
Post a Comment