Friday, November 6, 2009

My Mama Taught me.....

Today my mom taught me how to make a few things. We first made a large batch of home made Guacamole', it required a lot of chopping and dicing of stuff like onion's, tomato, jalapeno and cilantro. I also learned how to cut and peel an avocado, here I am cleaning up the mess before we move on to make another mess. Try and guess what it is!

Here I am grating up the cheese with the food processor, I like to use this toy..I mean umm... small electrical appliance that is very dangerous and is Not a toy.

Here I am making the home made Special sauce, which is the best sauce ever. The recipe is so easy it is 3 Tblsp. canola oil, 1 Tblsp. Flour, 1/4 cup chili powder, 2 cups chicken stock, 10 oz can of tomato paste, 1 tsp. Oregano, 1 tsp. Cumin and 1/2 tsp. salt. You simmer that for about 10 min or so and turn off. We use 4 cups of chicken broth and double the spices because we are a large family, and the sauce is really thick with only 2 cups.

Now here I am dipping the corn tortilla's into the home made Special sauce.

Rolling them up into the pan was one of the most messiest jobs of the process. we are going to bake them later. The mixture we put in today was chicken with diced onion, Colby jack cheese and the Special sauce and then when we were all done we put the rest of the sauce on top. If you guessed Enchiladas, then you Guessed Right! MMMMM! I'm glad I was able to make this delicious meal and was REALLY tired after it. I never knew that making dinner was so hard. Now I know why mom is so tired at 7:30.

1 comment:

charlene adams said...

Awesome Z-man!! It all looks and sounds delious. Wish we were there to test taste your culinary skills. You are a lucky young man to be taught by such a good cook as your mom. Love you..G'ma Adams