Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Our day of Thanksgiving

This year for Thanksgiving we decided to invite some dear friends to our home to celebrate and give thanks with us. We have spent the last few years with these friends on this particular holiday but always had a different host who has since moved away to Arizona, but we decided that fact would not detour us from getting together. Our table was full, not only with good company and food but it seems there is an abundant of blessings for each of us to express gratitude for.

We had five guests total this year which meant we had to set up a table for the kids. Austin, Zachariah, Janelle and Malia all got to sit at their own table.

Mary Richards and our sweet "Leisie jo" helping out in the kitchen to get all the last minute stuff from the kitchen to the tables. These two even did a batch of dishes prior to the meal, to make cleanup easier later on.

My sweet sister I visit teach Jenny Johnson, Zachariah, Bill Richards, Malia and Janelle take some time to enjoy each others company over some yummy pistachios.

Royce carved our turkey this year, someone was lucky to get the whole leg off the serving platter.

Mary Richards, myself and my sweet friend Georgia (Elise is the background) take a moment to say cheese to the camera. The three of us made a wonderful Thanksgiving meal as well as some sweet memories. I have so much to be grateful for. I know I am blessed immensely. I have a truly amazing husband who I love with all my heart and soul, I am so grateful he choose me to be his bride. I have 5 wonderful children who are such an inspiration and example to me. I pray and hope they continue to make the good choices that they do and continue to do the things that make our heavenly father happy. I am blessed with wonderful friends like Mary, Georgia, Bill, Bruce and Jenny as well as many many others. Our entire family in general is very healthy, for this I am deeply grateful. Most importantly I am grateful for my savior and for the joy I have in my life because of the relationship I have with him. I am grateful for all the bounty we are so generously blessed with. I pray that I may always live in Thanksgiving daily. It is said that "Gratitude is a mark of a noble soul and a refined character." We like to be around those who are grateful. They tend to brighten all around them. They make others feel better about themselves and they tend to be more humble, more joyful and more likable. I pray that I am always one of these people, that all who know me are touched in a way that is always uplifting.

No comments: