Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The last week of school 2010

The week before Christmas and last week of school for the kids made for a very busy week. We started on Tuesday night and attended Janelle's first choral concert. I couldn't get the entire chorus into the photo here, Janelle is in the upper left corner. The concert was fun and very enjoyable, the kids were so cute. I am grateful Janelle likes to sing and is beginning to develop her talent in singing, she has a lovely voice.

Janelle and our good friend Tianna. Both girls are in choir together and Tianna is in concert band as well, she has begun playing the clarinet. We also car pool to school everyday with Tianna and take turns between families driving them to and from school, it is such a blessing to be friends with Tianna and her family, she truly is a very sweet girl and joy to know.

On Thursday I went back to the school to see all of the 4Th grade classes combine to perform a Christmas Play they put on. It was so cute and very well done. Janelle is in the very back with a stocking cap on, her friend Kayla is up front as a Christmas squirrel.

Janelle and Allison playing their part in the play.

On Friday I drove some of the 4Th graders for the 4Th grade field trip. We went to the theater to see Yogi Bear and then went to Home Town Buffet for lunch. The entire 4Th grade also went on this trip together, the theater was packed! Here is Janelle, Madison and Maddie two more of Janelle's very good friends. We all sat together and watched a super cute movie.
I am so grateful that I am able to do these kind of things with our children. It truly is a blessing that I can be a stay at home mother and be available to do things like drive for field trips and go to plays that are performed in the middle of the day. I love being a mom and love that Royce works so hard to provide for us to have me in this position at this time of our lives. I know that me being home blesses the lives of our children and our home.

No comments: