
This month truly is a special one in our family. On Friday night we celebrated Royce's birthday and then on Saturday we celebrated Janelle's birthday! In few short days we will be celebrating the birth of our Savior and then later is Grandpa Brunette's birthday, it truly is a special time of year for our family.

Here is our birthday girl with Zachariah and Malia, getting ready to eat dinner. Janelle's pick this year was grilled steak, baked yams and salad, it was delicious!

This year I made Janelle's cake into a great big heart (thus the cookie sheet for her cake) I offered to buy her a cake at Safeway or make one, she requested a home made cake. She wanted chocolate so that is what I made with the recipe from Hershey's perfectly chocolate, chocolate cake. It always turns out perfect and is absolutely one of the best chocolate cakes ever.

Janelle had said a few months ago she really wanted a sock monkey. I found a pattern read through it, then went to youtube and watched how to clips then went to work. I made her sock monkey in one day. They are so easy to make, I was surprised and so was Janelle, she loved her gift and to be honest so do her siblings, they all want one now.

Janelle opening one of her gifts, I love the focus and concentration on her face.

She received her Christmas dress as one of her gifts as well, she thinks it is beautiful and wore it to church the next morning.

True happiness and joy, just a moment that is priceless to me. There is no greater joy than to see your precious children genuinely happy. Happy Birthday Janelle and Royce, we are so thankful for both of you and the joy you bring to our family and home. We love both of you and wish you a year full of blessings and joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment