
We are FINALLY all moved and in our new home! The dust is beginning to settle, but then I come along and UN pack more stuff. It seems the UN packing goes much more quickly than the packing part. We are so happy to finally be done with the moving part of things, now if I could just wiggle my nose and make everything all organized and perfect. I have really missed blogging and am very happy to be back on line finally. A few things have already occurred since we moved in. The two oldest kids had a sweetheart dance at the stake center on Friday the 13Th, both the kids looked so nice all dressed up. Saturday Royce and I went to our sweetheart dinner and dance and had a lovely time. We left a tad early to make it to a showing of that movie The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, I was impressed with the makeup and the costumes, the acting of course was good, the topic is very fitting for the title it was a curious movie, well done and we did like it for the most part..it is a VERY long movie however and we didn't get home till almost midnight. We attended our "new" ward for the first time and they already gave me a calling..before our records have even arrived! I am NOT thrilled about my calling and spent most of Sunday crying about it...they asked me to be in Primary and teach the 7-8 year old kids as well as be in charge of achievement days for the 8 to 12 year old girls. Now I can get excited about the activity days for the girls and will more than likely LOVE that part of my calling...the going to Primary EVERY Sunday really does not thrill me. I do not know why every time I move to a new ward they stick me in Primary..I really am NOT the best person to stick in there. I know for a fact that they have been desperate to fill the calling so I was the easy target. I have to take a BIG sigh and will do my best and pray they find someone else who really wants and loves to be in Primary. I guess I know my weaknesses and patience for wiggly, irreverent little ones is not my strong suit, I know it and I admit it.. again a big sigh and a serious amount of prayer on my part to fill the shoes I have been handed..I pray for patience most of all, this will be a challenging calling for me and that too is hard for me to swallow, Primary is ALWAYS a ridiculous challenge for me and one I really have issues with. I can say I was completely honest with my bishop about how I feel and truly could not hold back the tears when he said the words calling and Primary in the same sentence. As I was set apart for the calling my poor bishop was lost for words as he tried to set me apart the spirit was there but he did his best to set me apart for the calling yet I wonder why he did it when he was so strained to find the words to do so, this was interesting and something I have never experienced.
Last night Malia lost her top tooth and now talks so cute..that little lisp sound that is just sweet and precious. The one next to it is pretty loose to so I expect she will be loosing another tooth shortly.

The kids have been out of school all this week for president's week, I have truly enjoyed their help with the UN packing and appreciate all they have done. Elise went and stayed the night with a good friend last night. Austin and Zachariah are leaving tonight for a two night camping trip with the scouts, I am sure they will have so much fun and enjoy the time. I am doing all that I can to get stuff prepared to massage a client on Saturday morning..lots to do and not enough time! I better run and get back to that project, I just had to take time during lunch to give our blog some love, we all have missed doing this! Who knew??




1 comment:
glad your back. I sometimes feel the same way about primary and missing RS women, but once your there, its entirely different spirit and I love sharing time and singing time
Post a Comment