It has been WAY to long since I last blogged and I have REALLY missed it! The title says it all and I am at a loss for where to begin. Last week I made a large batch of apple butter, that took some time but so worth it. Since I blogged last we got the cottage much more organized and the home gym stuff all gathered in there, set up and have begun to use it again..FINALLY. I just need to connect the VCR and DVD player to the TV for our video's for The Firm work outs as well as for the total gym stuff. We got the storage unit emptied and all the stuff in it put away, now to go through it and really downsize with a nice yard sale when the weather is more predictable. I have all 3 computers ready to go to new homes as we don't need 4 computers and printers! I am giving them to a friend who will combine them to make more memory etc. for one. I recall his terms being "A pimped out computer"
My parents came last week for Easter, what a nice time and visit. I fully agree with Royce when he said "They sure made my Easter special" The kids loved the visit and we all wish we lived a bit closer. The hot tub is still down and the repair guy has been here twice now and both times has had to leave and go order more parts, I am really looking forward to that getting back up and running. Last week my land line to the phone glitched out so we had no phone or computer for 4 and a half days! That was no fun as it was over Easter, thank goodness for cell phones, the kids were still able to call their Great Grandma and wish her a Happy Easter. My brother enjoyed his Easter gifts I sent him and the family and Noah really likes his frog backpack that I sent full of Salt Water Taffy.
The kids are on Spring Break this week. Yesterday Elise left with NJROTC for training and a trip, so far I think she is enjoying her time. She was put in charge of uniform inspection for this trip. She has a higher rank and is a staff member so this is no surprise, it's not her favorite job but it is better than some of the others. The kids and I worked in the yard yesterday and rekindled our loving friendship's with the weed whacker and all the other various other yard weapons. The weed whacker did an amazing job and the fence lines look much much better. I took a good amount of time to give the roses love and planted a few plants in the ground as well. I then took the kids to Costco and bought them all berry sundaes and told them Thank you for all their help, they also got to pick their pizza for dinner. Royce treated me to a date which was dinner out for the two of us at a place in Old Town we had not been to before. The food was good the service was not. I told Royce for the money I would not care to go back to that place, there are plenty of other places that I know have better service and actually better food in my opinion, however the food was still good but not worth going back for with the lame service that comes with the good food.
I had a really enjoyable Easter week-end and truly enjoyed my time with my parents. I love them both very much. My dad cracks us all up, growing up I never realized how funny he is, I knew he had a great sense of humor but I guess I didn't really see that until years later. I appreciate how much my mom appreciate him and the love they have for one another.
My dad says I have a wonderful man for a husband, I have to agree that my husband is a wonderful man, husband and father, no doubt about it. I am so very blessed and I give thanks everyday for all that I am blessed with. From my dear husband, wonderful kids (they really are NICE kids) a lovely home, wonderful parents and all the abundance that surrounds us I am so very deeply grateful. I appreciate all the love that surrounds me and the comfort it brings. I love my Savior and my Heavenly Father and marvel how much they love me and all the sacrifice that has been done for me...little ol me, it's humbling.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment