
On Friday night we went to our ward fundraiser for the youth. Each youth member was required to offer up hours of service to be auctioned off..things like 4 hours of labor, yard work, babysitting, house keeping etc. All of our kids service hours were bought up so our phone should be ringing soon for those who purchased service hours to claim the work to be done. We made a few items to auction off as well..goodies that is. Elise wanted to bring the peanut butter cup things..7 plates with a count of 8 on each plate sold for 5 dollars each. Zachariah wanted to bring lemon bars so we divided those up onto plates as well and sold each plate for 8 dollars a piece then the biggie was the Volcano fudge brownie cake thing we made (I got the idea from Emily Kayner's Blog) which the Volcano was very fitting with the theme being Hawaiian..or Islander theme (All of our Polynesians cooked up REALLY good grub BBQ) and the youth provided our entertainment with a Native Polynesian dance that originates from the Island of Paolo, it was pretty impressive. The Volcano sold for 60 dollars which was the largest bid of the night. We enjoyed the night, the food, the entertainment and the company. All in all we are so thankful for the love and support that our ward gives to our youth and their opportunity to go to scout and girls camp. We wish to extend a HUGE thank you to all of our brothers and sisters for participating in this annual event :)




3 comments:
great job, your family alone brought in a bunch of money. Woo hoo
Awesome!!! I love the volcano idea ;) Karen wants me to make another one for an auction thing at her school...I of course said yes! It really was pretty easy...don't you think? :)
I feel bad that I haven't been to your blog in so long, but I love the changes. Esp. that family photo at the top and the individual ones along the side. Such a happy little family!
Post a Comment