
It was my first day in Primary yesterday and I actually survived the afternoon there. Not all of my kids came to church, however the bulk of them did and we had a really nice lesson. Royce was kind enough to come to class and be present which helped keep the energy level at a more controllable level.. Here is a picture that the kids "HAD" to take of me since they had all had the camera turned on them! I am still not thrilled to be in primary and I really am not one to down play that and say oh every thing is peachy..however the kids really are cute and very interactive which is really nice, now if I can just tolerate the crazy, noisy sharing and singing time I think Primary will be okay..I just have to work on not getting annoyed with the noise level and lack of reverence in the sharing time portion of the day.."If the Savior stood beside me, I would be completely patient and embrace the moment" realistically I would fall on my knees and declare my love and knowledge that I know he is my savior, but patience is something I think I would reach down into the depths of my soul to pull out and display..which is what I am making a commitment to do for this time and calling in my life.
This is Lucindo, he is one of my 7 year olds that will later in the year be baptized. He is really sweet and was one of the more quite kiddos for the day (surprise) his mom had given me a heads up on him so we shall see how long he remains the quite one :)
This is Elijah, he just turned 8 and will be baptized in a couple of weeks when his other grandmother can be here for his special day. This little guy has been in Janelle's class since kindergarten. They are both in 2ND grade together and were in 1st grade together too. Janelle turned 8 last year so she is in a different primary class. Elijah is VERY smart and knows most of the answers to the questions in the lesson so far.

This is Rex, he is a pistol and very bright also. Isn't he to cute? He just turned 8 last month and he too is getting baptized in a couple of weeks. He seemed to enjoy the lesson and was very active in participating.

The book mentioned in this blog is beautiful! I love the message, I LOVE the art work (Huge fan of Greg Olsen) if you truly want a book to enjoy no matter if you are an adult, parent grandparent etc it is a book well worth buying and having on hand..the very last page reads:
This is Lucindo, he is one of my 7 year olds that will later in the year be baptized. He is really sweet and was one of the more quite kiddos for the day (surprise) his mom had given me a heads up on him so we shall see how long he remains the quite one :)
This is Elijah, he just turned 8 and will be baptized in a couple of weeks when his other grandmother can be here for his special day. This little guy has been in Janelle's class since kindergarten. They are both in 2ND grade together and were in 1st grade together too. Janelle turned 8 last year so she is in a different primary class. Elijah is VERY smart and knows most of the answers to the questions in the lesson so far.
This is Rex, he is a pistol and very bright also. Isn't he to cute? He just turned 8 last month and he too is getting baptized in a couple of weeks. He seemed to enjoy the lesson and was very active in participating.

The book mentioned in this blog is beautiful! I love the message, I LOVE the art work (Huge fan of Greg Olsen) if you truly want a book to enjoy no matter if you are an adult, parent grandparent etc it is a book well worth buying and having on hand..the very last page reads:
If the Savior stood beside me, would I do the things I do? Would I think of his commandments and try harder to be true? Would I follow his example? Would I live more righteously, If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?
If the Savior stood beside me, would I say the things I say? Would my words be true and kind if he were never far away? Would I try to share the gospel? Would I speak more reverently If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?
He is always near me, though I do not see Him there, And because he loves me dearly, I am in His watchful care. If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me.
I love this part of the book, it doesn't have a picture to go with it..it's almost like this was added to the book to add a deeper perspective to make one stop and actually think about this for a bit. I photocopied this page and asked the kids to read it every day this week and think about what they would do If the Savior stood beside them. Anna really liked this and read it again when I handed them out :) I pray that they each are touched to do the things they would do if the Savior was there to watch their every move.




No comments:
Post a Comment