

Tonight we decided to clean house a bit D&C 88:119 says: Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God. We then ate a favored meal in our house which was Taco Salad and the boys helped with the frosting of the shamrock cookies. Tomorrow is one of our more favorite silly holidays (this was mine and Royce's very first date night) and we still celebrate it like it is an anniversary or something! This year we are having all my achievement day girls over for a true Irish dinner with the cookies for dessert. Our lesson will be on setting a table properly and manners. I am cooking the corn beef and cabbage the way my Irish neighbor taught me when we lived next door to one another..like I said a true Irish Dinner. The girls are all excited, they loved getting an invitation and I am impressed with how many actually did the RSVP! More tomorrow!! :)
I also attended Parent/Teacher conference this afternoon. Both Janelle and Malia are doing so very well, both are above grade level in all subjects and both are genuinely enjoyed by their teachers and peers. Mr Dueche says Malia is such a happy child with an eager ambition to learn, and is still a huge help to her classmates with clean up time. Janelle's teacher Mrs. Sligh says Janelle is the sweetest most thoughtful child in the class and is an absolute delight.
Austin made B honor roll again, we are so pleased with him as we know this requires extra work on his part, he is such a great young man. Austin also gave a really nice talk in Sacrament (his first one ever) on Sunday, he spoke on service to others. One thing I appreciated him saying in his talk was "To truly be like the Savior, we must master serving others." I couldn't say that any more clearly or more exact. Way to go Austin!




2 comments:
what great children you have, I bet they are alwasy shining examples for you and your husband to follow. What would we do without kids in our lives? love the cookies.
Love your music!
Post a Comment