Monday, March 9, 2009

It's Time To Make The Donuts


Tonight the kids and I decided that we wanted to do something fun for Family Home Evening so we made donuts, well really they are called spud nuts because they have mashed potatoes in them. We then gave some to our next door neighbor and another neighbor that lives diagonally across the street. It is so fun to bring a smile to our new neighbors faces and surprise them with a kind gesture. We usually do Family Night on Sunday since Royce sings with the Barber Shop group every Monday, this Sunday we fed the Missionaries and the Greenhaulgh's which was really nice and fun to have guest's for dinner.

Later once we had more donuts dried we ran some over to the Greenhaulgh's and hurried back home..it was getting very late for a school night. I dropped in absolute exhaustion when all was cooked, glazed, and everything cleaned up.

Royce made it home just a few minutes after 10 p.m. (that is normal on Monday) and he too was just exhausted, more than usual.

We have had two mornings in a row of record breaking cold, yesterday it was a mere 31 degrees out at 6 a.m. and the last time it was that cold was in 1888. Today it was 32 degrees outside at 6 a.m. and it hasn't been this cold since 1950. I just love this global warming thing, I find it all very interesting.

No comments: