
Today was the long awaited Daddy daughter Dutch Oven Cook-Off. Janelle and Royce got things started at home to make the cook off go a bit more smoothly at the campfire time. They chose to make an apple pie and goulash and entered two dishes into the cook-off.

Here is Janelle using a Swiss army knife to open a can. Good Job Janelle!
.JPG)
Here is Madeline and her dad preparing their peach cobbler that they entered

Our fantastic Judges...The missionaries! Elder Lybert is from Moses Lake Washington and serves in Eureka 1st Ward and Elder Issacson is from Spanish Fork Utah and serves in our ward, Eureka 2ND.

Here are a few of my girls that I work with and teach. From left to right, we have Malia, Allison, Janelle, Evelia and Sophiana. All of the girls are so sweet. We all missed the rest of the girls and their dad's but had a really nice time today.

And the finished products, well some of them anyhow. I think Janelle and Royce's Apple Pie turned out fabulous. This was the first time we have attempted a fruit pie in a dutch oven.
.JPG)
Allison and her Dad made the cinnamon rolls, I tasted half of one and thought they were very tasty! I have never seen cinnamon rolls made in a dutch oven either..which by the way we go to at least two or three of these "cook-offs" every year.

A few of the finished dishes that were made by Daddy's and Daughter's today at our activity

And a great picture to sum up how everyone felt about today's events. It was a really nice day and a wonderful activity for each of the girls and their Dad. While food cooked Royce taught basic fire safety and basic first aid for burns or cuts that one "could" potentially get while doing campfire cooking. Everyone had a nice afternoon and truly enjoyed the time together as Dad and Daughter. Dad's are so very important in a girls life and I am thankful that all of the girls that I work with have Dad's who take their role seriously and are there for their daughter's. I truly appreciate that each of the girls dad's took the time on a Saturday to come and be part of this activity with their daughter's, they were all very excited for this activity and I know it is one moment that they will remember for years to come.
1 comment:
I love dutch oven cooking. Great post and pictures.
Post a Comment