
We started the week with a night of music at Austin's Spring Concert. His concert was very nice the music was challenging for the kids and they performed it wonderfully.

On Thursday the girls and I took our friend Brenna out to the beach on the South Jetty.

The flower's were wonderful and really starting to bloom, I love the sand dunes in the Spring here, it is so pretty.

On Friday we went to Elise's NJROTC awards dinner. I had to get a picture of her in front of the house before we left to get on our way. She looks so nice in her uniform and is such a great representation to her unit.

Here are our other two "member's" that are also member's of the NJROTC unit. On Elise's right is Wiggler and on her left is Jacob. Both of these young men are freshman this year and truly sweet Young Men. Wiggler has the sweetest spirit.

Zachariah took this one of me, mid chewing stage of eating some dinner. I truly enjoy being a mom, I am so blessed.

This is Gunnery Sargent Smith. He is Elise's instructor for NJROTC. He is a fantastic man, his family is pretty amazing too! He has helped so many kids learn, grow, develop talents, develop leadership skills..oh there is so much this man does for kids. I appreciate Gunny, we have seen first hand, Elise's growth in all aspects and all for the better.

Elise received two achievements tonight. One was a rank advancement to Lieutenant and also a special recognition for her "Outstanding Example and Representation of the unit." Elise is the only Unit member to receive both of these awards this year.

And finally our little girls. We did their hair like this for Sunday. On Monday they of course REALLY wanted their hair done up in "Ballerina buns" again. I love to do their hair so I had no problem complying to their request.
In all we have had some really busy days these last few weeks of school. We will continue to be busy for weeks to follow, it seems once that ball really begins to roll it just catches momentum and keeps rolling!
Royce and I spoke on Sunday, it all went really well, I talked way to long, I had more material than I realized, leaving Royce only 10 minutes. He says he didn't mind but I sure would have enjoyed hearing more of what he prepared! The spirit was felt and enjoyed very much. I love preparing talks, I always learn so much when I do. I actually don't even mind speaking, I sometimes think I must be nuts, I am not sure where I learn more, the gathering of information and piecing it together through a lot of prayer in my case. Or the standing up and sharing what I have prepared and being moved by the spirit as I do so, either way it's growth :)
1 comment:
alot has been going on in your world. Sounds like alot of fun.
Post a Comment