Thursday, July 30, 2009

Mama Mia!

This is the fruit pizza mom taught me how to make, doesn't it look yummy? It was delicious and we all enjoyed this for a good summer desert.
Here I am putting the fruit pizza dough in to bake, we made an extra one to take to the Greenhaulgh's.


Making the meatball's for the spaghetti dinner mom taught me how to make, one of my favorite meals. We also made Cesar salad with homemade croutons.


Cooking up the meatballs, yumm,yumm,yumm!



Here we are my mom and I after a day in the kitchen. There are a lot of steps to making dinner, I had no idea how many steps! I also learned that it is pretty exhausting to be in my mom's shoes, she does this stuff everyday, I think I have a new appreciation for the yummy food she makes and all the work that goes into it. I was pretty tired after this. I also enjoyed the dinner more than I ever have before, probably because I appreciate the work that went into it. I think my family really enjoyed this. I am really liking to learn how to cook bigger meals like this, I know it is going to come in handy in the future and will make me that much more of a "good catch" someday. My mom loves that my dad can cook really good , so I think that is an important thing to learn. Also one day when my wife is gone having a baby I will be able to cook for our family. My mom has memories of her dad trying to cook food while my Uncle Joe was born, they are not good memories because he can't cook to well. I want to give my kids good memories. I loved the time with my mom and the gift that she gave me, I look forward to more lessons in the kitchen. Thank you mom for teaching me, You Rock!



3 comments:

Ryan and Brandy said...

Your mom is an excellent cook, Austin. One of the best. I would love to learn how to do her meatballs.....maybe you could come and teach me, what she taught you!

kayecunningham said...

hey there Austin. I'm sitting here with your gr.g.ma Potts we just read your latest blog. We wanted to add that your doing a fantastic job. It doesn't hurt to learn to cook. Look at all the great male chefs there are! Besides you have two great teachers to learn from there in your family not to mention the two sending this to you!!! LOL

take care.

love u

your 2 g.ma's in Oklahoma

Judie and George said...

This is just so sweet. At our house, the guys think cooking is a manly thing to do. I think it's because the've seen George do it so often. I love it that he cooks, and will happily do clean up for anyone who cooks for me. I am sure learning to cook is a great life skill for a guy who has to go on a mission, have guy friends, and a wife who will appreciate his skill. Way to go!