Thursday, January 14, 2010

Service, It just feels good

In the last week I have had the opportunity to extend myself and be of service to someone somewhere every day for the last 10 days. I have taken the time and opportunity to do just that. Today I took the twin boys that I get on occasion down to the water to feed the birds. Look at these two! Aiden and Logan both had a wonderful time and it was an absolute reward to see them smile, laugh , get excited and run in the fresh sunny air like 3 year old boys should :)
Logan and Aiden are such a delight I just love the smiles. Their mom is having some terrible problems (addiction is evil) and was at the hospital today. I was grateful that I was the one that was called to help out for a while. I just love these boys and enjoy the time that is spent with them.
This just looked cool, Frosty was out playing in the sun on our window! He has long been gone now but we all just liked the way this looked
Janelle last week with Kevin, another visitor in our home. I spent most of my week last week helping him and his little family. Janelle loves when Kevin comes to visit, he is a sweet baby and she loves to baby and entertain him.
Here are Kevin's parents Spencer and Heather, they currently live in Brookings Oregon and are looking to re-locate here to Eureka. Spencer is a cadet at the police academy here. Heather is the daughter of my dear friend Dawn who lives in Oklahoma. I had an opportunity to open our home to help her daughter out and took 3 days last week to drive Heather around to different businesses to pick up applications for some rentals and jobs.
This picture pretty much sums up how I feel about helping friends out. It feels good to give to another. To me this doesn't seem like much. Helping with kids, driving people around in an unfamiliar town, extending a hand of friendship, a warm place to stay, a meal or two, a listening ear, an expression of concern and love for another. Are we not suppose to do these things? I know we are told to "be our brothers keeper" and I think to really just leave it best said I will quote one of my more favorite scriptures "When ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God"

1 comment:

cinderella said...

AWSOME pics my grandson looks great in ur arms thank you so much I just wish i was there so i could hold him and love up on that boy lol hehehehe one day i will love you all very much