Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Traveling

A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to help some very dear friends of ours in their move and transition to Arizona. I was asked to take their car down to Arizona for them since they were advised to not drive that distance. I was able to stop along the journey and see some people I love with all my heart. Here is my dad and I when we met along Highway 99 just outside of Sacramento to have some lunch, it was wonderful to see him and way to short of a visit. I look pretty tired here, I was, I'd been up and driving at this point for about 8 hours and not a lot of sleep in the two weeks prior.

This is my dear friend Dee. She and I became friends several years ago, she was so sweet to open her home to my travel buddy and I to stay the night in Fresno. We had a lot of fun doing some Zumba and playing wii fit. Again the visit was way to short, I look forward to her and her family coming to visit us here on the coast at our home soon.

What can I say, the dessert...dry barren and just plain nothing out there except all sorts of lizards, snakes and sage brush..oh and cactus, lots of cactus. This was probably the most boring part of the drive, I was able to enjoy a few books on tape going through the dessert.

This is just outside of Riverside California. You could see these windmills is several places along the way, but these looked like we were going to just drive straight into them. I got this shot a little later than I wanted for the full effect. This is "green energy" at it's best, these things were whipping along full force.

This is Vickie, she was my travel buddy. She drove the rental moving truck we rented to get the patio furniture there for the Greenhalgh's and I drove the Lincoln Town car they asked me to drive. It would have been nice to travel in the same vehicle but we made it just fine they way we went.

Here are our wonderful friends that we helped out. We had a wonderful visit and were able to help Luana get settled a bit more than she was. They took us to Mesa on Saturday while we were there to several bookstores and to show us where their kids live. I was going to go to the temple there but felt it would be selfish to make them wait for me when we had an hour drive to get back to their home.
We also were able to meet up with Tony Palizzi and his beautiful sweet wife Stacey for some lunch. I of course blanked on getting a picture together and was so frustrated when I realized that I had forgotten. It was really nice to introduce the Greenhalgh's to Tony and Stacey and hopefully they can develop a nice friendship too. All will be blessed if that does happen. Tony looked great and I truly enjoyed meeting Stacey, I wish I could get to know her better. I truly enjoyed this time with Luana and learned some valuable lessons along the way. I helped her pack for 2 weeks along with several other people before the moving company came to load, then drove to Arizona a week later. I would do it all again in a heart beat.

1 comment:

cinderella said...

look at those two women Sherry and Dee there very beautiful people and im lucky to say i know Sherry the most but they look so good togetherand sherry u might be tired but u look great and very happy and im so happy u got to see ur daddy