Friday, April 9, 2010

Easter


Royce and Sherry Easter Sunday 2010.


Malia and Brutus cuddle up for some General Conference time, I thought this was such a cute picture I just had to post it.

Easter is one of my favorite holiday's, second to Christmas. I love to celebrate the resurrection of our savior and ponder on the atonement and teachings of Christ. This year we were able to enjoy teachings from the prophet and his apostles on this special day. The messages that were spoken seem to speak straight to my heart and I have been pondering on how I can apply each talk/council directly to myself for my own personal growth in being a better wife, mother, leader at church and simply a better person in general.


Here is Royce and the kids right before dinner, such a good looking bunch. We had a lovely meal of lamb (symbolic I know) but oh so delicious, oven roasted veggies, deviled eggs, green beans, olives, pickles etc. Royce was wonderful to help in the kitchen preparing the meal together, I love those kind of things. Cooking is something I love to do and even more so when I get to cook with my husband who is a fantastic cook too I must add.


We had a really nice day together that was full of love and such a warm spirit. We would have loved to have Sherry's parents here again this year for this special day, sometimes it's just hard to be so far away from extended family. I love my family, I love my spouse, I love my children and am thankful for all that I am blessed with. I love my heavenly father and know that he loves me and is mindful of each of us and knows each of us by name. I know that my Savior died for me and I also know with every fiber of my being that he does live. I am so grateful for the precious gift of eternal life, I am deeply thankful I know these things, I have a testimony of these things and can not express the love and gratitude that I feel toward the people who have taught me through out my life these important and necessary lessons. I am so thankful that my parents listened to the spirit and that they raised me in a home with the gospel. I pray that I can be a key and tool in serving my heavenly father in teaching these things to others, so that they too can have eternal joy.

2 comments:

charlene adams said...

We are also very grateful for the gospel and all it's blessings in our lives, mostly very thankful you were sent into our lives. You have taught us both so much about faith and obiedience. You are a wonderful daughter and mother to our grandchildren. Heavenly Father surely loves us to have blessed us with your sweet spirit to be a part of our lives. You are very,very much loved by the whole family. Glad you had a wonderful Easter.

cinderella said...

im very thankful that god has put us in each others paths im very happy that ur my bestest friend and u teach me things all the time and Sherry im very happy that u r happy u deserve it more then any body i know u r turly a wonderful sweetest person i no and thank u lord for my best friend Sherry I love u girl and ur family Amen