
OK, so this President's Week off I took off to Mt. Shasta for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. We (The scouts) spent those days in the blistering cold snow. Here is a picture of us getting ready for the snow and putting on our gear.

Here's Ryan Faulk, Israel Tulmau, and me going up the hill side to Boogie Board down and repeat. I also tried Snowboarding for the first time and am alright at it.

Here is one of the 4 shelters we made. Me, Bro. Boone, and Nate Buchanan all slept in this one but we still had to help make the other ones. Inside it is about 12x12. Quite roomy for an Igloo.

Here is us working on the one of the other Igloos. This one took 2 days to make but I'm sure whoever slept in it was glad they stuck to it to make it. This Igloo was smaller then the other one and slept more.

Now we are hollowing out the inside. These Igloos are built tough and could hold all the weight of the Troop Jumping on top of it.

Here is the Troop flags blowing in the wind. In the day it stayed pretty warm but in the night it got down as low as 12 degrees and stayed windy. brrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Mt. Shasta is still capped with snow. We took this Picture from the Kitchen area. On Friday night a woman came down from the Mountain and was acting all funny. She told us that if we want to talk to Moses the Geicko gecko we had to ask Jesus. She also said that he had a message for us. Later i said I bet I know what the message is "15 minutes could save you 15% on car insurance. (we needed that insurance later)

This is me and Nate trying to rewarm our feet and get a little shut-eye. It stayed fairly warm in the Igloos. Way warmer than outside i can tell you that much.

We all had to wear Sunglasses because if we didn't we would get snow blindness. Snow blindness is when you get small blisters on your eyes. I'm trying to stay warm in this picture and keep some of my body heat.

This is our troop standing on top of an Igloo. We were putting around 700lbs on the top of the Igloo plus the Jumping force. I told you these are tough little Cookies. lol

Now only to pack up and leave... but wait the Diesel Gas froze over and we were delayed 3.5 Hours. After Three hours Waymon Remembers that he has a AAA card 24hour Road side assistance. We wound up canceling cause we used heaters to melt the gas. Overall i had an awesome time and can understand why we do these snow Camp outs once and not twice a year. i can hardly wait till next years camp out and when it comes around I'll be sure to bring different boots.
No comments:
Post a Comment