Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Standing for Something

As I get phone call after phone call today I have to stop for a moment to take a breath and reflect on a couple of lessons I was able to be taught by a couple of really wonderful people. "Stand For Something" was the topic in Relief Society and Alma 5-7 was our topic in Sunday School. In Alma it is about a mighty change of heart (which there is a FABULOUS article in the Ensign this month) that goes hand in hand with the lesson out of Alma. I keep thinking about these two lessons and all that was said and taught and have decided to read that article again, just to recycle and catch things I didn't catch the first time.
I appreciate sweet Sister Menty and what she shared with us in Relief Society, I love how blunt and honest she is. I agree we really do need to "Stand For Something" she mentioned people who are admirable, people like Rosa Parks, Mother Theresa, Florence Nightengale, Queen Esther in the bible..each of these people stood for what they believed in. ALL of them changed life as we know it, because they stood for what they believed. Each were persecuted in some way for the good things they were doing.
It is sad that society shuns those that Stand Tall and are valient for good, it is sad that society is condoning perverse and evil ways, it is sad that those people want those sick and perverse ways to be taught to our little children in school. It is sickening that California is issuing marriage license to same sex marriages again..lets hope and pray that come November the voters can over turn what the Supreme Judges decided on about that. Be mighty is all I keep telling myself, to Walk Tall, Stand Tall and Stand for Truth and Right. On days like today I reflect on my youth advisers and want to scream from the roof tops...Thank-you!! Thank-you for teaching me what is right, Thank you for helping me to understand the bigger picture and most of all Thank you for helping me to deepen my relationship with my heavenly father and to deepen my testimony of him, and most of all Thank you Bishop Sillito for being my bishop, You were an amazing bishop and someday I hope to tell you that in person. For anyone who serves in the gospel, Thank you! You have no idea who you are touching and what you are doing to help those you serve to have a mighty change. Here's to standing tall and Standing for Something. I loved President Hinckley and his whole message there, it is days like today that I really have to say..we have a prophet and he KNOWS and Offers Guidance and we need to shut our mouths and LISTEN, and then TAKE ACTION!! :)

No comments: