Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day

Mother's day was Sunday, which was a really nice day. It all started with breakfast which I enjoyed very much. Later after church we went to the Greenhalgh's for dinner with several other guests as well. I was asked to bring a dessert as well as the funeral potatoes because everyone likes my recipe best. This is a picture of the Lemon-Ginger Cheese Cake that we chose to make for our yummy dessert. I am not sure who took the picture but they did a nice job!
Janelle and Zachariah playing a game of checkers before dinner
Malia taking a rest in Sister Greenhalgh's chair, after all it has been a long day by now.
Here is Elise enjoying Coco and her cute cuddly ways. We are all staying busy and marveling at how fast time seems to be going. Mother's Day was a nice day. I enjoyed spending time with my children as well as friends later in the day. Elise gave me a necklace and some earrings she had a friend make for me, which I thought was sweet and thoughtful of her. I enjoyed talking with my own mother and appreciate that I can call her and visit with her. I would like to have been able to spend the day together, however with the miles between us that is not possible.
Royce and I both made our mother's a nice gift and got it in the mail to them. I was going to post pictures of what we made but those pictures are in the other computer that is not in use right now. We took a poem and framed it with a picture mat. We then decorated the project like a fancy scrapbook page, but more three dimensional. We then placed that in a shadow box type of a frame. Both turned out really nice and very different from one another. It was a fun project to do together and something our mom's will be able to walk by and enjoy in their homes. I love that Royce likes to do scrap booking stuff with me and is also really talented with those kind of crafty projects, it is nice quality time together. I find mother's day to be kind of silly, Mothers should be appreciated everyday. However I appreciate that there is a day set aside to actually acknowledge Mom's and their most precious, sacred calling. I couldn't be blessed with anything more important or rewarding.

No comments: