Friday, May 8, 2009

Our New Arrival

This morning I left the house early to get the girls to school and get out to Arcata to pick up Coco. This is sweet little Coco who has now come to join the Brunette clan. She is a full size hamster and is very sweet and friendly and Coco is just over 8 months old. I personally have always liked the little critters even though they are in that mouse family circle I still think they are to stinking cute. Austin and Zachariah already have taken to liking her. The little girls are going to be so surprised this afternoon. I am enjoying hearing the giggles from Zachariah..her feet tickle and so do her whiskers, it is very sweet. Here is another snap shot, she is very hard to get still so the picture actually turns out, most were blurry.
On May 5Th I held the achievement day activity for the girls in our ward as well as 1st ward girls. We combine for all activities. We planned a special Mother/Daughter dinner and decorated everything really pretty for our mothers. I made 5 pans of enchilada's and a large crock pot full of Spanish rice. The girls all brought things to go along, the salad's, dessert and drinks. The girls were all very excited, it was a special night. I helped the girls prepare two songs that they sang as a group and a couple of them chose to play special musical numbers on the piano as well. A few girls took a moment to share something their mothers do to make them feel special and to tell they mother's they appreciate them. I enjoyed the spirit and the delight each of the mothers expressed for the evening, it was a night that truly was just sweet. This is a quick shot of what I set up and how it looked prior to everyone showing up. The little conversation books in the middle of the table were a nice touch to the decor, each book was about Mother's, Daughter's and Grandmother's. I am enjoying this part of my calling and as I shared with the sisters the other night, I have found my silver lining in the callings I have been extended. I am adjusting to being in Primary however my achievement day girls truly are the silver lining to my primary adventures. Janelle loved the evening, she is one of my girls and of course Malia got to attend even though she is not 8 yet, she was so excited to be part of the evening.

My wonderful husband left the practice right after work and came to the church to be my clean up crew. The boy's and Elise also chipped in as soon as their activities ended. I love and appreciate my family so much, I would have been at the church so late had I been left to do it on my own. I look forward to getting an assistant to help me. We all still got home late especially for a school night, however it was worth it.