Friday, June 4, 2010

End of the school year fun

The first Strawberry Rhubarb Pie of the season, made with love. This is one of Royce's most favorite pies there is, I love making them for him and truly enjoy watching him enjoy my creation.

Janelle had a field trip a little over a week ago and I got the opportunity to be a driver for this fun event. Here are her and her classmates playing "critter tag" they had fun and were able to burn off some energy before we moved on to another part of the event.

This is Janelle's friend Kayla, sending her fairy up into the air. This part of the field trip was all about air and how we use it, for fun and for science.

A few of the kids having fun with hula hoops during our lunch break.

Kayla on the hover craft, I tried getting a shot of Janelle too, but every time I took a picture it was to blurry, this was one of the favored things to do at the air fair.

Janelle and Kayla making their rockets that they later launched..again into the air.

Janelle waiting for the lecture to start about wildlife in the redwood forest. We learned a lot at the Reef Field trip and I enjoyed a day with my sweet daughter and her class. We also got to go to another lecture where the man had some really neat wild animals that can not be returned to the wild due to major injuries. We got to see a turkey vulture, a horned owl, a bald eagle a rattle snake and a red fox. The wildlife was amazing and very interesting to learn about. It saddens me to know that there are people out there that do strange things, like shoot a bald eagle and blow her left wing off, why someone would do such a thing to an animal that is absolutely no threat or bother to them really makes me say "what is wrong with people?" I am thankful there are wildlife refuges for animals like this and the time and talent people with good intentions take to rehabilitate such amazing creatures.

No comments: