Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Grandparents visit from Belize

We had company a few weeks ago and it has taken me a while to have a little bit of time to spend here at our blog. We had Grandpa and Gran Brunette come for a visit. While Grandpa and Grandma Ann were here we were able to get a little bit of time out on some trails and see some beautiful places that we all seem to love to visit here. This is one of the trails around Ceremony Rock at Patrick's Point state park.

Here I am peeking around the lower rock at Ceremony Rock.




Royce, Zachariah, Malia, Janelle and I found a small cave, it was fun to crawl in a bit, the girls thought it was "way cool".

Zachariah at a really beautiful location along our little journey.

Malia and Janelle, always happy and full of fun. I love what good friends they are to one another, they are such sweet sisters to each other.

We then walked on over to Wedding Rock in the same park, as you can see the fog is rolling in here. Ann, the girls and I took a moment to get a snap shot together, it was a great day for a little hiking even with the fog so eager to snuggle in on our gorgeous redwoods and coast line.

The Brunette Men, three generations. This is taken at Wedding Rock as well, such a handsome bunch of guys!

The kids right on the coast line at Patrick's Point. You can't even see the ocean behind them because the fog was so thick.

The girls and I walked back up to the visitor center and along the way came upon three deer grazing, one was kind enough to look up and get her picture taken...we were pretty close, I am amazed they didn't run.

On Sunday Royce and the kids took a walk with Grandpa and Grann. They went to the College of the Redwoods, enjoyed some trails up behind there and the disc golf course that is there as well. I stayed home and took a nap and recovered from a pretty back headache. We had fabulous food, fabulous company and truly enjoyed the time we were able to spend with one another. We all look forward to them coming for a visit again, but know it wont be until next year which seems like a very long time. This is the down side of them living in Belize and us living on "The Lost Coast".

No comments: