Sunday, July 20, 2008

Be Courageous!!

Today at church our Bishop redirected the meeting to discuss the issues that the state we live in are facing. Our family lives in California and as many know, against the voters wishes that voted back in March, our Supreme Judges decided to over turn the voters voice and go ahead and start granting same sex marriages. Along with this comes the reality that IF this is to pass in November we then will be subject to our children being "educated" about the "alternative" lifestyle, they actually want this stuff taught as early as kindergarten here. We are all encouraged and asked to get registered and vote this Fall. We then went on to our other meetings and then in Relief Society, our lesson was on being courageous in bearing witness of the truthfulness of this gospel, testifying of Christ. Yesterday our family was listening to "Weed Your Brain, Grow a Testimony" By john Bytheway (very very good) He says in his talk early on how the war in heaven really has simply changed location...it is still going on. I think this "war" is only going to get worse personally, and I am seeing this more and more each day. So after the direction not only from my Bishop and Stake President but from our prophet President Monson as well, I am fully planning on voting (again) against the same sex marriage thing. The scriptures clearly outline what is right before the lord when it comes to this topic. So as we embark on the dusk of these last days, and begin to march our way into battle to stand for what is right I find strength in this video clip that I found, it is moving and impressionable AND I pray that I too will be so valiant in sharing the gospel, to speak up and to have the courage like these men in this video clip. Please take the time to watch and listen to it. We are so blessed to have a prophet to guide and direct us. I hope you enjoy this as much as our family did.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylTDXax5Fl8

No comments: