The finished delectable Cookies (oh yummy)
Getting ready for the oven..see how you are suppose to roll them into balls? I kinda build them up so they stand at about an inch tall..then round them into circle shape
The mixer I use because this makes so much dough..this thing can make four loafs of bread at once..just to give you an idea of the amount here.Okay so after reading my friends blog about Cookies and Kimber I decided it must have been a cookie kind of week-end. Here are the cookies we made that we don't make all that often because this makes a HUGE amount. We like to share, so when we do make them we do not half the recipe (it can be for those that don't want a ton of cookies) This is the absolute best chocolate chip cookie ever. It is rumored that the recipe came from Nieman Marcus, another that it is Double Tree's recipe..I've tasted both and these taste very similar to both...which ever I don't think it matters, although in comparing my friend Kelli's recipe to this one..I would have to say this IS NOT the Double Tree recipe and more than likely is the Neiman Marcus recipe, my original recipe has a dollar amount on it that someone paid for this recipe..I am shocked that people would pay this kind kind of money but once you try one you can figure out why she may have (No I did not pay for the recipe) hehehe! Hope you feel inspired to make cookies for FHE or for a neighbor or something. Enjoy!
Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!!!
2 cups butter (soft)
4 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups sugar
5 cups blended oatmeal (into oatmeal flour)
24oz. chocolate chips
2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 8oz. Hershey's Chocolate bar (chopped up/grated)
4 eggs
2 tsp. baking powder
3 cups chopped nuts (your choice on nut)
2 tsp. vanilla
*** Measure Oatmeal and blend in blender to a fine powder. Cream butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla; mix together with flour, oatmeal flour, salt, baking powder, and soda. Add Chocolate Chips, Hershey bar and nuts. Roll into balls and place two inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Makes 112 cookies or more depending on size of cookie....IF you want them Double Tree Cookie size 1/4 cup of dough turns out perfectly..(we make ours smaller than this) but have made the 1/4 cup size for parties etc.




3 comments:
holy cow, check out your mixer. I love it! where did you get it and did it cost a million?
yummy i want some love u girl
Sherry,
That mixer will make 8 loaves of bread at one time if yu have a big enough oven. I used to make that many sometimes.
Post a Comment