Life has been busy to say the least. I haven't posted much because we all have been running. Last week Royce and I went to Sonoma for some continuing ed classes and had a whole two days to "us" we spent one of them in a class room setting but it was still nice to have the time. We stopped along the way home and tried to get some decent pictures of the gorgeous vineyards changing colors with fall in full swing here, I personally don't think they turned out that great. While in Sonoma my friend and her fiance drove up from Berkeley to have breakfast together, she and I went to massage school together, Mary Kay is a very nice lady and a good friend, her fiance Ed is very nice too and this was the first time I was able to meet him. I am very happy for my friend and look forward to her wedding in July.
Zachariah turned 12 and is now a deacon, he is happy to be graduated from Primary and loves going to priesthood.
Elise, Royce and I are all part of a couple of community choirs here, Friday the 24Th and Saturday the 25Th we performed for our community and had so much fun. Royce is a member of the Humboldt Harmonaires and Elise and I are in Coastal Chords and we all sing Barbershop in these two choirs. The show was silly and got a lot of laughs. Saturday I was also part of the Holistic Health Fair and enjoyed being out there meeting people in the community and teaching about other options to health care..I do believe there is a time and place for both traditional as well as holistic health care so it was fun to be involved in that. Somewhere in there Royce and the boys went out and participated in an all niter camp thing called "The Spookery" with the Scouts and of course had fun. Like I said it was a crazy busy week and in all very fun.
All of the kids enjoyed their time with my good friend Kara, she was brave enough to take on our kids while we were out of town (hehehe) however they are really good kids and did everything they were suppose to do, Kara said they were "SO GOOD!" So I have to say Thank you to my kids for doing what was asked of them and for making our time away less stressful than it already was by being the wonderful people that they are..good job!
Our CE class was fantastic and really enjoyable..it certainly didn't feel like a 12 hour class, so that is a huge indication that it was better than your average CE class for sure. Maybe it was the location..there is something very relaxing about going into the wine country..even though we are not wine drinkers the country side is amazing and GORGEOUS!! and there was so much sun! It felt wonderful to be in and absorb the sunshine..I miss the sunshine and warm enough days that you aren't dragging a sweater with you everywhere you go, it was actually warm all I can say is "ahhhhh" so perhaps being where we were had a bit to do with the relaxing moments. Now we are back and running full speed again this week and have a house full of kids excited for Halloween..should be fun!!
Monday, October 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I really need a two day sun filled getaway. sounds wonderful
Post a Comment