Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween Eve

It has been a busy few days at the Brunette household. It all began yesterday when I decided to start the baking, first some cookies were cut out and baked up, then a Pumkin Pie. I also made a super yummy dinner that didn't look to good picture wise but we had Polo ala Rosa I think this is my most favorite way to make chicken in the fall, it is a TOTAL comfort food meal. Janelle, Zachariah and Malia were happy to volunteer their services for frosting these delectable little morsels

Janelle, taking on a bat..

Zachariah getting detailed in his frosting abilities, Austin is in the
picture barely..he was doing homework and joined in on frosting
cookies later.

Malia super happy to have her fingers involved in frosting, and she LOVES to help paint cookies



The ghosts and bats all rounded up, we didn't get the pumpkins in here for some reason.
Today I took several cookies to Brother and Sister Greehaulgh,
they LOVE my cookies and I love "brightening" their day
with a little treat now and then.


The super yummy Pumpkin Pie and a pie crust that is the best!
I should post the recipe for it because it is the best crust ever..




Now tonight on Halloween Eve. Malia took the Guts out of her pumpkin,
Look at that smile, I think she is having fun






Dad and Janelle really talking over where the nose should be drawn





The finished pumpkins, the one with Eye brow things is Malia's design and the one with fang type teeth is Janelle's design. Both girls drew their faces onto paper before they got help cutting what they drew onto the pumpkin. Pretty good looking designs for 5 and 7!! Now for tomorrow night....







1 comment:

Judie and George said...

Looks like so much fun! Not like us with our quiet times.