Last Night was Austin's winter concert with school. It is so nice to enjoy the progress of our kids and their talents. Austin has been playing violin for the last few school years, this is his third year and truly seems to be enjoying it. The kids were fun to watch. You could see their excitement with the smiles they beamed at their director. They were especially excited for their closing song which was the theme to Star Wars. They put glow sticks on their bows and Mr. DeMant used a glow stick flashlight thing that would be used at the movies to take you to your seat, and they shut the lights out..it was a very cool visual effect and the kids could hardly stand it.. 8Th graders get excited about the "cool" things but try to keep the excitement contained and well it was just enjoyable :) Also Austin made the "B" Honor Roll which is outstanding for him, we are happy that he wants to reach for higher grades and doesn't let his memory processing issues keep him from striving to reach higher.
These last two weeks have been interesting weeks. I am having conversations with my kids that seem to really be having a "Say what?" moment for me. We recently went over Elise's "Senior class schedule for next year." Say What?? Yes that's right Senior Year! Oh and we are supporting her in getting her info together for College, SAT scores, applications, a budget plan, what she wants to pursue in college, "SAY WHAT?" College? Yes, these last few weeks are almost like an ah ha moment (not quite but almost) Am I a grown up? Say What? How did that happen? Aren't these topics and conversations that we are having grown up conversations? I remember having similar conversations with my parents and it seems almost strange that now I am with my kids! I wonder how in the world did time start moving in warp speed! Where have I been? Has it really gone that fast? Yes it has and boy does it put a new twist and perspective on things. It will be interesting to see these next few years UN fold. We have some mission plans approaching very quickly. Sure we still have four years AND again I go back to the warp speed thing and realize that "It's ONLY Four Years!!"
So here's to our children (brink of young adults) and the progress, dedication and achievements that you each pursue. You can do anything you set your mind and heart too! Mom and Dad are here to offer love, guidance, support and a belief in you that is UN-Measurable. And maybe we can slow down on a "Say What" moment for a few :)
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
your so funny. Just think I am older than you! so its going faster here.
Post a Comment