Monday, January 12, 2009

We are on the move..

Today has been a very busy day for Royce and I. Royce is at work of course, I scheduled myself off and took the time to meet with Royce and our soon to be new landlord. We are moving about 6 miles from where we currently live to a much much bigger home. we have the options to buy and we may..however we are planning to live there and see if my health will improve living in a mold free home and a block and a half away to the boat launch. The house we currently live in is a nice enough home (a little dated) but still nice. The mildew and mold however has truly taken a toll on me and my lungs, I am constantly armed with a bottle of bleach and scrub rags. I am allergic to mold and it is just not going to let me forget that.
New Years week I had a full blown asthma attack and felt like I was going to pass out. I have never had one of these, I have never had a problem with my lungs, I have always been healthy and rarely get sick...until we moved here. I fight everyday to stay healthy and a few weeks ago I thought I was fighting to stay alive, again I have never had one of these attacks so it was honestly very frightening to me. With that said and the way that fate works, our soon to be new landlord called me last week and asked me "what will it take to get you and Royce to rent my house?" The very next day I was informed that my massage studio rent was going to double!! I met Royce for lunch and told him my fabulous news and we quickly did the math and said.."If Eric will rent us the house for what we fork out in rent between our current home and the studio we will rent from him." Eric called me the following day and told me the dollar amount he was able to get his business partner to agree upon and guess what, it was exactly the dollar amount Royce and I had said would be an okay amount! This is a little reminder that Our Heavenly Father hears our prayers and knows our needs, we turned this situation over to him and well now here we are now moving.
The house is a 2800 sq foot Cape Cod Colonial, it truly looks more like a Martha Stewart beach house to me. ( I'm moving into Martha's house..hehehe) There is a detached "cottage" that is another 780 sq. feet. In there is a half bath, a bedroom and a very large bonus room. I will now be moving my massage studio to the "cottage" and have extra space for family and friends to stay when they come to visit..no more Motel rooms or B&B's unless people really want to spend their money instead of stay at our place. The home was originally built in 1913 and the whole frame, foundation and structure is old redwood growth wood (very very good) it has the original wood stove in the living room and the way the chimney is designed (brick and concert) it heats the entire house plus the new gas forced air furnace is a plus. This home sounds old and it is..however a few months ago Eric (he owns his own general contracting business and is meticulous in his work) gutted the house down to the studs, put a new roof on and then went to work on the inside, everything is sparkling bran new, I have a gas range to cook on (FINALLY) and granite counter tops once again (after 3 years of 70's orange Formica counter tops) 4 bedrooms and an official office as well, 3 full bathrooms and plenty of room for all 7 of us to let our hair down and be comfy. We are excited about this move and look forward to a ton more room (we are doubling our sq. footage) In addition to our move we will now be in 2ND ward, that is a change as well. It is difficult for us to be leaving our 1st ward family and it even makes us pretty sad, but that is about all that is making us sad about this move. At least we share the same building and we do have a lot of combined activities so we will still be able to rub elbows with our friends from 1st ward. Two other perks about this move are the hot tub that is sunk into the deck and the cottage is big enough that we can have all our gym equipment set up and we don't have to take it down or move the coffee table out of the way. We will be officially moved in by the 10Th of February. We already have keys and have the okay to begin bringing stuff down, so we will, which will make the move a snails pace but detailed and all junk will be purged! Hooray!! I have already gotten two phone calls today from ward members in our soon to be new ward asking when and what can they do to help to get stuff moved. we have already been informed that they are in need of a YM president (Royce did that in our previous ward) he is currently first counselor in YM here. I have been told they need a RS secretary, I too serve in RS currently, oh and they need a teacher in there, so I may be able to stay in RS which truly makes me happy, as long as it's not primary I am happy to serve (I hate primary) sorry but I really have not enjoyed my years that I served in there and find myself much more short on patience with my own children when I do serve in Primary..weird but at least I am honest and will be up front about it. Oh and one more thing..Royce pointed this out, take note of our new address 6729 I was born on the 6Th day in 72 in the 9Th month!! Is that funny or what?? we got a kick out of that and thought it was pretty neat..

3 comments:

Kelli said...

so cool, My google reader didnt update so I had a hard time finding this post. I had to just put in your address. I think that happens alot to me, by the time I see a post it says its been up for 24 hours or something weird. ANyway, i am so happy for you. Did you hear what the mold did to sister henselen? she was so sick and is fine now. i will tell you over hte ph sometime. too much to write. have a great night

Judie and George said...

Sounds perfect in everyway.

kayecunningham said...

69 being his sister's birth year...and 72 smack in the middle being my Royce's. I like that too!