Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

Today is the 2ND of January and the year has already begun busy. Yesterday Royce had the day off so we made the most of the day and did a few things that we typically don't get to do when he is off at work. The kids helped take down all the Christmas decorations during the day on New Years Eve. We then made a yummy pot of chili. We made so much that we took a second pot over to our friends Brother and Sister Greenhaulgh. I taught Elise how to make a egg and ham strata for New Years Day Breakfast, and we made so much of that we took a 9x9 pan to the Greenhaulghs as well. I made a pecan sour cream coffee cake for breakfast too. We then got the three oldest kids to the church building for a broadcast from the first presidency for the youth. We picked them up at 10 and came home and watched a little bit of The Polar Express all together. We sent the kids off to bed and shortly after fell asleep ourselves while waiting for midnight to roll around. We both are still so tired from the holidays that this year was greeted with ZZZ's instead of cheers in our home. We got to sleep in until after 8 (which is late for us) and had a nice breakfast to put in the oven and cook. Royce and I went to the store to pick up fruit for a salad, came home and had a delicious breakfast. We then putted around and later loaded up the kids and took them to see Bolt at the theater. While they watched a movie I took Royce to my studio and gave him a 1 hour and 45 min massage that easily could have been a 2 hour massage but we had to get back to pick the kids up. Royce treated us all to dinner out (even though I had dinner planned) he thought it would be nice to give me the night off after giving him a great massage. Dinner was yummy and it was nice to just be together with out an agenda to accomplish. We are looking forward to a Happy, Productive year full of opportunities to better ourselves and our family. We each love one another so much and wish for the best. I know with a little work all that we have resolved to do will happen. Here's to a fabulous 2009!!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

1.45, I can only immagine. What a wonderful treat for your hubby. Sounds like a wonderful day