Monday, January 5, 2009

The Routine Returns

Hooray for routine! School is back in session :) Kids are happy, Mom is happy and it is just a happy day. Its a bit gray out today but quite. I was able to go take care of some things at the massage studio and I rearranged furniture while I was there. It makes such a difference to create some good energy buy doing a little rearranging. We are looking forward to 2009 and truly it feels like today is the first day of the month even though it is the 5Th day. Is that because routine is finally back? Oh what a night of conversation we will have tonight at dinner. Missionary work is taking off again and tomorrow our home will be hosting missionary discussions for a friend of Elise's who graduated last year. We love missionary work and love that we get to host such an important part of it :) Please keep our friend Patricia in your prayers that she may feel the truthfulness of the gospel. I will have to share more about Patricia at a later time. The really positive thing about this is that Elise has not kept in touch with this young lady, she tracked her down through other people to find out where she can learn more about the gospel. She knew Elise last year and kinda gave her a pretty hard time for the first few months of school BECAUSE Elise is Mormon and is really a straight laced kid. However the relationship changed over the school year and the girl came to really respect and like Elise very much..now here we are, she is actively looking for answers to things and she turned to Elise to help her find those answers. This is just a testimony to the new youth theme for the year. "Being an example of Christ." I know that Elise is a good example of Christ and at times it makes life difficult for her, however it is thru her example that her friends are wanting to learn more of why Elise is the way she is. Like I said I love missionary work and I love the spirit that the missionaries bring to our home. Oh and since I am on the subject of missionary work...our little friend Molly that I posted about not to long ago...her parents are getting married this Saturday at noon and then getting baptised right after with a reception to follow. They are the neatest family and have been together for 14 years. I am very happy for Lori, she is the sweetest lady and I just love her spirit.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

sweet post. AND I love the new pics of all the family esp the header.

Judie and George said...

Your family picture is absolutely drop dead gorgeous! It's just wonderful! Imagine that you are the mom of that big family! While we were in St. George, I really noticed how hard my daughters work at being moms. There is just so much to do. I guess I did it too, but it just looks like a lot of work. I think I must have had more energy then.