Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Day of Patriotism

On Tuesday November 4, 2008 Royce and I had the privilege to go and vote in this great country in which we live. We were able to voice how we felt about the same gender marriage proposition and as of now with 95% of the votes counted the proposition has passed by a shy 53% that marriage will be restored and defined to be legal and lawful between a man and a woman ONLY. This is how we feel about that.....

We now with the presidential results, began our day with a prayer of hope as we embark on the count down and into the next four years with the candidate that has won this election. History has definitely been made here in 2008 and it is nice to see our country has come so far removed from where it was 60 years ago. We now have the first Black President in history. I know he refers to himself as an African American and really I just prefer to say American. I am not sure WHY the media and the candidate has zeroed in on the color of his skin.... Whatever the tactic it worked. I am not racist and neither is Royce, honestly if it had been Colin Powell up for election I truly believe he would have won by a HUGE landslide.. more than OB won by, and we would have voted for Colin Powell. I don't believe it is skin tone or color that needs to be focused on, it's the job this man has been entrusted with and I pray that it is all full of the silver lining he has promised and not the fast track to socialism. Our candidate choices, I feel were grim, I REALLY wanted Sarah Palin out of those we had to pick from. Anyhow as I reflect on where this country is going with such a small % of a win with the Prop 8 and a President that we know very little about and very very little experience, I did not have a restful night sleep and I have a feeling that is how it will be for some time to come now. I look at this moment in history and have to hold onto Hope. The times are changing and the time is drawing near that our Savior will return, I have a distinct feeling that it is time to grab hold of our little ones and be prepared for the second coming of Christ. Which is nothing new to either of us, it just seems to be on our door step and a lot closer to actually happening than ever before. It might be a couple years away but I truly believe this country is falling and is going to continue to fall under this new leadership. Maybe it's fear or maybe it is reality, if I knew for sure I think I would find comfort either way. At least I know I walk on the lords side and that really is what is important when you look at the big picture. (sigh)

1 comment:

kayecunningham said...

my guy won so...i am content. i wanted in the beginning clinton but; what can i say? we r 2 stand by our president elected. he won by a vote not color etc; i'm not going there where comments generally go. i'm remaining opened minded. we have a tough road ahead but; hopefully a man that will help us get there. he did not create this mess he was elected to be in. the end is near just pray people believe in the true being for when it arrives. kc