Janelle is in 2ND grade this year and has an absolutely lovely teacher who prior to becoming a teacher served in the Air Force and was the ONLY female dog handler and trainer. We love Mrs. Sligh and more importantly so does Janelle. I learned that Janelle has gone from reading 61 words per minute to reading 80 words per minute in 2 months time!! Janelle really loves to read, she is very proud that she can read the Book of Mormon so well, (maybe that is the secret to her success with reading??hummm) Janelle also has gotten a 100% on all of her spelling tests thus far in school this year another thing I think is just pretty cool. Mrs. Sligh says Janelle is such a sweet heart and a very focused student who loves to learn. We love to hear good things about our kids and Royce and I are both pretty impressed with her progress so far this year, Good Job Janelle!! We Love You !
Malia started Kindergarten this and was very anxious and excited to go to school. Malia's teacher is Mr. Deshais and he too is a fantastic teacher. Malia is our youngest which is reflecting in the classroom. Mr. Deshais says that Malia is fully aware that she is not the center of the universe and is very helpful and thoughtful to her classmates. She is always the first to help another student put away free choice items even if she had nothing to do with that particular station. She is very polite, always raises her hand to talk and waits to be called on before she does. Now Malia has been described by Royce and I as well as various other extended family members "she is such a happy child" and funny as it may be those too are Mr. Deshais exact words as well. Malia is a very happy child who always wakes up with a smile and is simply "Happy". Malia too is right on target of where she should be in Kindergarten, She knows all the letters both upper and lower case and also knows all the sounds of each letter. She is proficient in rhyming and many other things too. She has over half her letter wall words memorized and knows how to spell them (high frequency words) There is so much more I could mention but instead in a nutshell we are just happy to hear and see such growth in our babies. Malia we love you too and are so happy to be blessed with your sweet little spirit xoxoxoxo




2 comments:
What cute girls! It is always fun to hear how good your kids are doing. I loved that about having daughters. Sons can do well too, but mine seemed to have more difficulties than the girls. Glad you got a good report!
that is so nice. I think its funny when their is a male kindergarden teacher. I always tell kevin to teach K, but he says he would look like kindergarden cop, so tall and big and he hated (on this part) about teaching primary was sitting on kid size chairs. heheahahah
Post a Comment