. Everyone really liked these and every last one of them got eaten. (we brought two other salad size dishes with these in them too) As I made these I thought about each sister that I was in Young Women's with and wondered how they are and where they are. Some I know, but most I do not. I love each of the sisters I grew up with and it was nice to take the time to reflect. We had many laughs and fun times together. I think we had the best of the best to teach us.
I then thought it would be nice to bring something that I am really good at making. I do make good bread and I make evil, wicked good, Swedish Cinnamon Twists. These obviously take a little more time. I call them evil wicked good because they are very UN-forgiving of waist lines and hips. (I did not have even a bite of one) that would damage the good done, walking these babies off from previous years. I did however eat a peanut butter cup thing. (Yummmm) I also brought a lap quilt and shared about those who taught me the few talents I chose to share last night. We then got to hear from our sweet girls in our ward and about the projects each girl had worked on this last year. We also got hear from other sisters and their talents. Some of the talents were beautiful oil paintings, beaded jewelry (gorgeous stuff!!) quilting, sewing, more cooking, crochet projects, poetry, party planning, and a few other talents that were neat to hear about and some of them none of us knew these sisters could do!This is our friend Tammy Silva. She is a GEM of a girl and someone each of our family members enjoys to have around. Tammy has the sweetest spirit and personality. I am thankful Elise has good friends like Tammy. Tammy is really talented too. Our little girls absolutely love her to pieces.
Malia was so silly after the lizards got their bath today. She decided to hold Zena after the bath time and started singing "Rock a bye Lizard" and was cradling the thing like it was her baby! Silly Silly Malia!

Austin is becoming more responsible about taking care of the Lizard's with out mom hounding him about it. He and Zachariah are working on their reptile merit badges. I am looking at the calendar asking "Has it been three months yet?" So this is Mushu after his bath, hanging out with Austin. He always goes back to his own habitat, he is a little aggressive with the female and he likes to hurt her if they hang out in the same habitat. We gave them separate quarters when we adopted them because of this, at least both are healthy now. After a full day of cooking, baking, lizard tending and a night at the church, Royce and I came home, got the kids to bed and watched Journey to the center of the earth. It was a pretty okay movie and enjoyable to watch together. We always enjoy our time together no matter what we are doing.






1 comment:
Yum on both those wicked treats. I lost all will power at 40! so I got alot of walking to do. hehe. I would not want that "think" in my house. Good for you!
Post a Comment