Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thoughtful Thursday

Today has been a relatively quiet day which has left me plenty of time to ponder and think about things. As I take in the changes that are already going on in Washington DC I noticed myself feeling more and more bleak. Then we have the people protesting because Prop 8 passed in this state and how the ACLU is going to take this to court..which in my opinion isn't about a court issue at all. We as a society, the American voter, have made it clear not once but twice now that we do not approve of or accept same gender marriage "equal to" or "the same as traditional marriage" which is between a man and a woman. I began feeling even more blah with the fact that this issue will never be put to rest.
I suppose the blah feeling can also be related to a seriously painful neck (so I went and got adjusted) it helped but is still reminding me that it is ready to REALLY remind me just how much of a pain it could be..so I need to ice now that dinner is made and simmering.
However in the blah of this day I took time to sit down with my lunch and take in a couple of talks from the Saturday morning session of general conference. (I love our satellite DVR) I was also able to follow along in the Ensign that came in the mail just before lunch. What a refreshing time to munch, listen to the prophet and L. Tom Perry give me direct divine counsel and a reassurance that I personally needed today. As I read along and listened, ate and learned. What a fantastic lunch time, I think I will make this a habit for a few more days and complete all of conference again.
Isn't it interesting that when we listen to things like conference for a second or third time..how the message is the same but different? How we can apply the talk or counsel given differently for perhaps a different need or trial in our life at the moment?
I am grateful for church publications and for technology for our use and convenience's. I needed to be reminded that there is a sight purchased in Italy for a Temple. Our son Austin wants desperately to serve a mission in Italy, this just made me stop and well up in tears because regardless of all the hoopla and trials, the gospel continues to grow and that just touched me today. I love the gospel and love that a very catholic country such as Italy is in need of a Temple for our saints that reside there. How wonderful is that?